ODROID-N2+ System Board
ODROID-N2+ is a revision from ODROID-N2.
Which makes it more Powerful and New. This board is Perfect for Gaming, Watching Movies and More!
*See details for useful links*
*No Warranty/Return will be accepted if Hardkernel proposed/provided power adapter is not used with the system board. The system board comes without Power Adapter, and you can purchase it as per Hardkernel's recommendations.
Ships directly from Canada same day.
Power Adapter not included
– Maximum CPU clock of Quad-core Cortex-A73 is increased to 2.4Ghz from 1.8Ghz.
– Maximum CPU clock of Dual-core Cortex-A53 is increased to 2.0Ghz from 1.9Ghz.
– On-board RTC backup battery holder is mounted on the board.
The main CPU is based on big.Little architecture which integrates a quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 CPU cluster and a dual core Cortex-A53 cluster with a new generation Mali-G52 GPU.
Thanks to the modern 12nm silicon technology, the A73 cores run at 2.2Ghz without thermal throttling using the stock metal-housing heatsink allowing a robust and quiet computer.
The CPU multi-core performance is around 20% faster and the GPU is 10% faster than the N1. The N2+’s DDR4 RAM is running at 1320Mhz with 1.2volt low power consumption.
The large metal housing heatsink is designed to optimize the CPU and RAM heat dissipation and minimize throttling. The CPU is placed on the bottom side of the PCB to establish great thermal characteristics.
- Amlogic S922X Processor (12nm fab) Quad-core Cortex-A73(up to 2.4Ghz) and Dual-core Cortex-A53 (up to 2Ghz) ARMv8-A architecture with Neon and Crypto extensions Mali-G52 GPU with 6 x Execution Engines (800Mhz)
- DDR4 2 or 4GiB with 32-bit bus width Data rate: 2640 MT/s (PC4-21333 grade) 1.2Volt low power design
- 1 x eMMC connector (8G, 16G, 32G and 64G are available) 1 x microSD slot (DS/HS modes up to UHS-I SDR104)
- 4 x PCIe 2.0 for one M.2 NVMe storage
- 1 x GbE LAN ports (RJ45, supports 10/100/1000 Mbps) – Realtek RTL8211F (Ethernet transceiver)
- 2 x SATA 3.0
- SSE4.2 accelerator (SMM, FPU, NX, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AES)
- Intel UHD Graphics 600 (Gen9.5 LP GT1) up to 700Mhz
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 (up to 4K@60Hz with HDR, CEC, EDID) 1 x Composite video (3.5mm jack)
|A||S922X CPU||J||1 x SPI Flash 8MiB|
|B||4 x DDR4 RAM||K||1 x SPI Boot Select Switch|
|C||1 x RJ45 Ethernet Port (10/100/1000)||L||1 x eMMC Module Socket|
|D||1 x HDMI 2.0||M||1 x Micro SD Slot|
|E||4 x USB 3.0||N||1 x IR Receiver|
|F||2 x System LED Indicators||O||1 x RTC Backup Battery Holder|
|G||1 x DC Power Jack||P||1 x Active Cooling Fan Connector (2-pin)|
|H||1 x AV Out (Stereo Audio with Composite video)||Q||40 x GPIO Pins|
|I||1 x Micro USB2.0 OTG||R||1 x UART for System Console|
Optional Active Cooler
Heatsink size comparison : The system height decreased from 34mm to 29mm approximately thanks to the slimmer heatsink.
Here is the GPIO (40Pin Header)
The N2 GPIO interface is similar to C2 and fully supports a 3.3Volt interface while N1 could only support 2.8Volt IO. This is beneficial for using various peripherals without complicated level shifters.
Another big improvement is a faster SPI bus interface. Its maximum frequency is over 150Mhz, and we will try to implement a DMA driven SPI driver for faster LCD display.
Idle state: 1.6~1.8 Watt
Heavy load state: 5.9~6.2 Watt (stress-ng –cpu 6 –cpu-method matrixprod)
No cables are attached except DC power input and USB-UART debug console cable.
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS images are available with Kernel version 4.9.230 LTS as of today. This LTS kernel version will be officially supported until Jan, 2023.
The Mali G52 GPU Linux driver works only on the framebuffer and Wayland. We tested the latest PPSSPP emulation and it can handle x3 scaling on a 4K display nicely with well implemented VSYNC.
The fb-dev Mali driver supports OpenGL-ES 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 as well as OpenCL-1.2 and 2.0 at this moment. Note that you have to use the Minimal Ubuntu OS image to utilize the GPU acceleration instead of the Ubuntu Mate image.
There is a Linux Wayland driver too. Ubuntu 20.04 Gnome desktop works with fully accelerated hardware GPU on a modern Kernel 5.7.
This trial upstream OS image is available on the forum.
Android 9 Pie is ready, and you can access a source code BSP and pre-built image together. Note that GUI layer(SurfaceFlinger) resolution is limited at 2K while the video layer is true 4K.
The Android platform is based on a full 64bit system software with a Vulkan capable GPU driver.
- Processor (CPU)
- Amlogic S922X Processor (12nm fab)
- 4MB L2 Cache
- CPU frequency
- Quad-core Cortex-A73(up to 2.4Ghz) and Dual-core Cortex-A53 (up to 2Ghz)
- Board Size
- 90mm x 90mm x 17mm
- Display Port
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 (up to 4K@60Hz with HDR, CEC, EDID), 1 x Composite video (3.5mm jack)
- Storage Controller
- 1 x eMMC module Connector, 1 x microSD slot (DS/HS modes up to UHS-1 SDR104)
- Ethernet Ports
- 1 x GbE LAN ports (RJ45, supports 10/100/1000 Mbps) (WOL)
- Ethernet Controller
- Realtek RTL8111F
- Mali-G52 GPU with 6 x Execution Engines (800Mhz)
- USB Compatibility
- 4 x USB3.0 Host ports (shares one single root hub) 1 x USB 2.0 OTG Port (No power input)
- 1 x Stereo Audio line-out (3.5mm jack), 1 x HDMI digital output, 1 x SPDIF optical output (Optional)
- HDMI connector
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 (up to 4K@60Hz with HDR, CEC, EDID)
- Internal RTC
- DC 7.5V ~ 20V (up to 25W)
- 200g including heatsink
- Passive (Fan-less design)
- System Memory
- DDR4 4GiB or 2GiB with 32-bit bus width 1.2Volt low power design. Data rate: 2640 MT/s (PC4-21333 grade)
- (Board) 90mm x 90mm x 17mm (Heatsink) 100mm x 91mm x 24mm
- 25 (Max)
- Board Category