Adding ultra-fast cellular internet communication feature to your Raspberry Pi has never been easier until you get this shield. This is a handy interface bridge between Mini PCIe 3G/4G/LTE modules and Raspberry Pi. You can easily insert a Mini PCIe module in this shield then start using cellular internet with your Raspberry Pi. Both UART and USB communication with modules is available.
We don’t recommend the usage of long and low-quality micro USB cables between Base Shield and Raspberry Pi. It causes data and power loss. Thus, the cable included the package works greatly.
It can be used as an LTE modem or dongle. If you’re looking for a Raspberry Pi LTE HAT for applications like Raspberry Pi video streaming or high-speed data transferring, this Sixfab Base Shield is here to help. Making a remote controllable LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot, high-speed GPS tracking, VoIP, more and more use case is possible with his add-on board.
- Fully compatible with Raspberry Pi models that have the 40-pin GPIO header (4, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero)
- Easy-to-use, simple setup, plug-and-play
- Clip-in Mini PCIe socket compatible with worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage with regional or global modules which work with different frequencies&carriers
- With the 4G/LTE Module(e.g Quectel EC25) you can reach 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates. And the 3G Module( e.g Quectel UC20) delivers the maximum data rate of 14.4Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink.
- Micro SIM Card socket can easily reachable on the upside of the shield.
- Can be used standalone with PC/Laptop over micro USB, without stacking with Raspberry Pi.
- The shield can be powered from an external 5V source by exposed power pins, directly from Raspberry Pi 5V GPIO headers or over micro USB. A specially designed 90-degree right angle micro USB cable is included to package as a gift by default.
- Efficient and low quiescent current regulator circuit can hold up to 3.6A
- Optional Send/Receive commands over Raspberry Pi UART port is available
- Taking the module into the Airplane Mode, resetting module or RI and DTR functions can be done over GPIO pins.
- The modules(EC25&UC20) have built-in GNSS(GPS/GLONASS) receiver for your location-based applications.
- Working temperature range: -40°C ~ 80°C
- Video/Music Streaming
- Large Data Downloads and Uploads
- LTE Dongle/Router
- Mobile Internet Hotspot
- High-speed GPS Tracking
- Real-time Environmental Monitoring
- Smart City & Agriculture Applications
- Smart Parking
- Security & Asset tracking
- Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero
- Asus Tinker Board
- Rock 64*
- Orange Pi*
- Samsung ARTIK’s Eagleye board*
- Latte Panda