Works with the ODROID-C2 / C1+. This is not compatible with the original ODROID-C1.
The HiFi Shield Plus provides both stereo RCA connectors and a 3.5mm stereo jack (all gold-plated) to connect to external amplifiers and other audio equipment. Via TI's high-end PCM5102 DAC chip(known as Burr-Brown), it supports 16, 24, 32 bit audio formats with minimal distortion (-93dB) and ideal dynamics (110dB+), plus amazing sampling rates of 384kHz
The dedicated S/PDIF interface is newly added which supports up to 192kHz/24bit resolution via new Optical (Toslink) output.
Using the I2S expansion on the C2 / C1+, we save a USB port and allow the user to select their audio playback system of choice, such as Volumio, RuneAudio or XBMC/Kodi for HiFi audio playback.
- The output ports include gold-plated stereo RCA terminals and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- An ultra-low noise dropout regulator is coupled with two solid capacitors for the power supply, significantly reducing power supply noise and greatly increasing the signal to noise ratio.
- The I2S interface allows for direct decoding of the digital input to analog output using master clock synchronization.
- The PCB surface is comprised of gold-plating on top of 2 oz. of copper, ensuring signal continuity and reducing signal reflection and refraction.
* This HiFi shield is not functional with Android. We have no plan to support the Android OS to enable the I2S driver for Android Kernel and HAL